Dating site for indians
Moto-Guzzi, Moto-Ducati, Moto-Laverda, so perhaps Hedstrom was familiar with that.The earliest Indian models looked like mopeds (bicycles with small single cylinder engines) and only 3 were made in 1901. Interestingly, Triumph began production in 1902 and Harley-Davidson the year after (1903). This "Big Three" are still around a century later, while many other brands which started later died off years ago.Also check out "More Oldies" (lots of videos, photos and information on pre 1954 Indians) just click on handlebar image above.Also visit the "Modifieds" and SCOUT pages of this site every few months for new content.very near Yonge and Richmond) and online reviews tend to praise the food (especially hamburgers and sweet potatoe fries) and prices, except for one poor soul who got food poisoning from a pear and cheese salad. Below photos from EBay as recent as July 2013 showing a perfectly restored 1913 Power Plus (seven images), an unrestored 1914 engine (3 views: Left, Right and Top looking down), a 1914 frame, and four shots of a 1915 Powerplus motorcycle from Blenheim Ontario (first two shots show engine closeup).Finally from an earlier time on Ebay a 1918 Powerplus lacking lights, exhaust and some other parts, and its engine.Both Hedstrom and Hendee had left the company by 1916, being unable to agree.Some Big Twins and Powerpluses were built in Toronto Canada from 1912 and through World War I (up to 1918) and were featured on Canadian postage stamps in summer of 2013.
It was called the Indian Motorcycle Cafe (see image below) and at least had a small display of Indian material in the waiting area and some Indian paraphernalia such as photos and banners on the walls . Apparently the tavern continues at a new location in downtown Toronto (4 Temperance St.Indian was also very advanced with a swinging arm rear suspension (albeit with leaf springs, not coils) from 1913 to at least 1918.The early "Big Twins" as they were called had F heads.In 1918 the company offered for sale to the public its own new factory racer featuring OHV and 4 VPC (valves per cylinder). Considering that 3 or 4 VPC only began to show up on a few street V twins bikes in the late 1980's and mid 1990's, and Harleys are still built with only 2 VPC, it can be said that this V twin was 70 years ahead of its time.Top speed was 120 mph, but the racers were very light and had no brakes, lights, fenders, suspension etc. In 1920, the Power Plus street model was offered in a 74 CID (1200 c.c.) version for sidecar owners.